Ashfield Baptist Church
cnr Holden and Norton Streets, Ashfield

Griffin & Leggo 1913 (2/11 electro-pneumatic)


Photo: Trevor Bunning (Oct. 2007)


From SOJ Autumn 1998, Winter 1998:

Between 1912 and 1918 the Griffin & Leggo nameplate appeared on ten new organs in NSW. The organ for the Ashfield Baptist Tabernacle designed by Charles Leggo was opened in 1913. With the exception of metal pipes and keys, the whole organ was manufactured at Griffin & Leggo's own factory. The organ was built with a combination of supply and exhaust pneumatic action. Pitchford & Garside supplied electric action in 1974 and prepared a Bass Flute 8 and Octave Flute 4 to the Pedal at the console but lack of funds prevented the pipes being installed.

The specification is:

Great
Open Diapason
Clarabella
Dolce
Harmonic Flute

Swell
Geigen Principal
Salicional
Lieblich Gedackt
Voix Celeste
Gemshorn
Closed Horn
Tremulant

Pedal
Bourdon

Couplers
Swell to Great
Swell to Pedal
Swell Octave
Swell Sub-Octave to Great
Great to Pedal

8
8
8
4


8
8
8
8
4
8



16








Compass 61/30

Balanced Swell pedal