Uniting Church (formerly Methodist)
cnr Mitchell and John Streets, Camden

Harrison & Harrison 1888, rebuilt C.W. Leggo 1932, Arthur Jones 1966
S.T.Noad, P.D.G. Jewkes 1987, 2m., 11 sp.st., mechanical and tubular-pneumatic


From SOJ Winter 1996:

The organ at Camden Uniting Church is the only example of organs built by Harrison & Harrison, Durham, England, in Australia. It was originally built for a residence in Bowral in 1888 as a two manual instrument with 10 stops, two couplers, mechanical action and without pedal stops. It was purchased from a private house in Campbelltown in 1906, enlarged by C.W. Leggo in 1932 and restored by Arthur Jones in 1966. S.T. Noad & Son added two stops (Oboe 8 on the Swell and Rohr Flute 8, which is essentially a Hohl Flute, on the Great) and pedals on tubular-pneumatic action. In 1987 it was stored and resited to its current position on the opposite side of the church by P.D.G.Jewkes Pty Ltd whilst the church was being remodelled. The Fifteenth on the Great was added by Jewkes.



The specifcation is:

Great
Open Diapason
Rohr Flute
Dulciana
Principal
Fifteenth

Swell
Gamba
Salicional
Lieblich Gedacht
Lieblich Flute
Oboe
Tremulant

Pedal
Bourdon

Couplers
Swell to Great
Great to Pedal

8
8
8
4
2


8
8
8
4
8



16














Photos: Trevor Bunning (Oct. 2007)