St Peter's Anglican Church
cnr Cordeaux & Howe Streets, Campbelltown
J.W. Walker & Sons 1981 (2/12 mechanical)
Organ before restoration of the church and the organ being moved to the left (see photo below)
From SOJ April/May 1981, Winter 1996:
St. Peter's Church is an historic Georgian church of the same period as St. Luke's, Liverpool. It was built by convict labour and opened in 1823 - various additions were made in other styles later in the nineteenth century.
The first organ in the church was commenced by Holroyd & Edwards in 1922 and installed in a new west gallery by S.T. Noad & Son in 1962 after the church had used a seraphine (by 1848) and harmoniums. The pipe organ became troublesome and was sold to a local amateur builder in 1980 for use in his home. A new tracker action organ was built by J. W. Walker & Sons of England and was installed by the Australian branch of the firm in 1981.
Its specification is:
Swell to Great
Swell to Pedal
Great to Pedal
* These stops are controlled by a single drawknob which can be moved into two positions. The first position brings on the first rank only, second positlon brings on both.
Lower photos: Alan Caradus (March 2013)