St Paul's Anglican Church

17 Church St, Canterbury, NSW

Built 1905 by Frederick Taylor for Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Tabor.
Installed present location 1938 Hill, Norman & Beard.


Organ in Bethlehem Lutheran Church in 1938 before removal
Photo: Betty Huf


The specification before 1976 (supplied by Ted Pitchford to John Maidment 29 August 1972) was:

GREAT
Open Diapason
Dulciana
Principal
Flute
Swell to Great

SWELL
Clarabel
Gamba

PEDAL
Bourdon
Great to Pedal

8
8
4
4



8
8













gvd.bass





Mechanical key & stop action
Trigger swell lever

The following tonal changes were made in 1976 by Pitchford & Garside (advised by Chris Sillince to John Maidment 26 October 1976):

 

GREAT
Open Diapason
Dulciana
Principal
Nazard

SWELL
Claribel
Flautina

PEDAL
Bourdon

8
8
4
2-2/3


8
2


16




(former Flute 4)



(replacing former Gamba 8)




The instrument may not have been entirely new when built by Taylor and could incorporate earlier parts.