Uniting Church (formerly Congregational)
cnr Anderson and Daisy Streets, Chatswood

J.W.Walker 1865, rebuilt Joseph Massey 1928 (2/11 mechanical and tubular-pneumatic)


From SOJ February/March 1989:

The organ in this church has an interesting histoy. It was built in 1865 by J.W. Walker of London (job no. 798) and installed in St Andrew's Temporary Cathedral Sydney. It was later acquired by Joseph Massey who installed it in the Chatswood Congregational Church in 1928, adding the second manual at that time. This organ displaced an earlier instrument opened by Joseph Massey in the church on 17th August, 1911. The organ was renovated in 1966 by Arthur Jones.

The stoplist is:

Great
Open Diapason
Clarabel
Dulciana
Principal

Swell
Open Diapason
Lieblich Gedact
Gamba
Suabe Flute
Oboe
Tremulant

Pedal
Bourdon

Couplers
Swell to Great
Great to Pedal
Swell Octave

8
8
8
4


8
8
8
4
8



16







Mechanical action to manuals
Tubular-pneumatic action to pedals

Compass 56/30