St John Mark Anglican Church
Proctor Parade, Chester Hill

Conacher c. 1896 (2/11 mechanical and pneumatic)


From SOJ August/September 1982, August/September 1985:

A second-hand Conacher organ, built c. 1896 was installed in the Anglican Church of St John Mark at Chester Hill in 1983 by Pitchford & Garside. It was originally installed in the Primrose Hill Methodist Church, Manchester, which was sold to a West Indian group. The instrument was chosen for the church by Stuart Garside during a trip to England.

The specification is as follows:


Great
Open Diapason
Clarabella
Dulciana
Principal
Harmonic Flute

Swell
Lieblich Gedackt
Viol de Gamba
Voix Celeste
Gemshorn
Cor Oboe
Tremulant

Pedal
Bourdon

Couplers
Swell to Great
Swell to Pedal
Great to Pedal
Swell Octave

8
8
8
4
4


8
8
8
4
8



16








Compass 56/30
Action: mechanical to manuals, pneumatic to pedals
Centre balanced swell pedal
2 composition pedals for Great and Pedal