Chinese Presbyterian Church
(formerly Fullerton Memorial Presbyterian Church)
cnr Crown and Albion Streets, Surry Hills

Hill & Son 1904, rebuilt and enlarged A. Welby 1979-80 (2/17 electro-magnetic)




From SOJ June/July 1993:

William Hill & Son supplied a small two manual organ (13 stops) to the Fullerton Memorial Presbyterian Church in 1904, it being job no. 2814. In its appearance, the organ is seemingly divided at the front of the building, although it is entirely contained within the left hand side case. The church became the "Chinese Presbyterian Church" some years ago. Apparently Charles Richardson made some alterations to the organ and Anthony Welby rebuilt and enlarged the instrument with electro-magnetic action between the years 1979-80 to the following specification:




Great
Open Diapason
Hohl Flute
Gamba
Dolce
Octave
Harmonic Flute
Fifteenth

Swell
Lieblich Boudon
Open Diapason
Stopped Diapason
Gemshorn
Mixture
Cornopean
Bassoon

Pedal
Open Bass
Bourdon
Cello

Couplers
Swell Octave
Swell Sub Octave
Swell Unison Off
Swell to Great
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal

8
8
8
8
4
4
2


16
8
8
4
III
8
8


16
16
8










+

*


~


A



~





A ^










3 thumb pistons to Swell
3 thumb pistons to Great
3 toe pistons to Swell
3 toe pistons to Great

Compass 61/30
Electro-magnetic action

* added by S.T. Noad in 1953
+ originally Wald Flute 4', transposed
~ added by A. Welby in 1979
^ larggely borrowed from the Swell with the addition of other pipes
A alterations by Ch. Richardson not documented


© PdL 2006