St Paul's Anglican Church
Cobbity Road, Cobbity

William Davidson 1876 (1/8 mechanical)



From SOJ March 1978:

One of the earliest intact church buildings in the state can be found at Cobbity, about four miles west of Camden. Saint Paul's Church was built to the designs of architects Verge & Bibb and consecrated in 1842. The design is in a restrained Gothic style, with the spire its most unusual feature. This is punched with round apertures at regular intervals. The organ, which is still installed in the rear gallery, is by the Sydney builder William Davidson and dates from 1876. Few of Davidson's organs remain unscathed; another single-manual instrument by him can be found at St. James' Church, Morpeth, in the Hunter Valley.



The specification is:

Manual
Bourdon
Open Diapason
Stopped Diapason
Keraulophon
Principal
Flute
Twelfth
Fifteenth

Pedal
Bourdon

16
8
8
8
4
4
2-2/3
2


16
(enclosed apart from Open Diapason and Pedal Bourdon)
smaller scale than Pedal Bourdon

'4 ft tone' on stop knob








Manual to pedal coupler
Trigger swell pedal
3 combination pedals
Mechanical action


Photo: Trevor Bunning (Nov. 2007)