St Andrew's Anglican Church
cnr Henson and Smith Streets, Summer Hill

A. Hunter & Son (London) 1898 (3/23 tubular-pneumatic)



From SOJ February 1973, Autumn 2001, Winter 2001:

St Andrew's is fortunate to have the only remaining three manual Hunter organ in NSW. As with All Saints', Petersham, the specification was drawn up by Frederick Morley with supervision of the organ's construction by Felix W. Morley. William Davidson erected the organ in Sydney and it was opened on 22 February, 1898. The organ is tubular pneumatic and sliderless windchests are employed throughout.




The specification is:

Great
Large Open Diapason
Small Open Diapason
Stopped Diapason
Principal
Flute Harmonic
Fifteenth
Trumpet

Swell
Lieblich Double
Open Diapason
Lieblich Gedact
Gamba
Voix Celeste
Principal
Mixture
Cornopean
Oboe
Tremulant

Choir
Lieblich Gedact
Dulciana
Suabe Flute
Piccolo
Clarionet

Pedal
Bourdon
Open Wood

Couplers
Swell to Great Unison
Swell to Great Octave
Swell to Choir
Swell Octave
Great to Pedals
Swell to Pedals
Choir to Pedals

8
8
8
4
4
2
8


16
8
8
8
8
4
3 Rks
8
8



8
8
4
2
8


16
16


















































Compass 56/30
Tubular pneumatic action

3 pistons each to Great and Swell
Reversible toe stud for Great to Pedal














Photos: Nicholas Appleton (May 2007)