St John's Anglican Church,
cnr St John's & Glebe Point Roads, Glebe

Forster & Andrews 1884 - 2/18 mechanical


© PdL 2006

From SOJ August/September1989, Autumn 2003:

The Anglican church of St John the Evangelist, Bishopthorpe, Glebe was designed by the office of Edmund Blacket in Norman Romanesque style. Made from Pyrmont stone, it was opened by Bishop Barker on 21 December, 1870. It was Blacket's own parish church. The organ was donated by Miss Betts of Glebe Point with the specification being drawn up by Edmund Blacket. It was opened by the Cathedral organist, Montegue Younger on 23rd July, 1885. The organ has survived for over a century without significant alteration and was restored by Pitchford & Garside in 1994.


© PdL 2006


Forster & Andrews 1884 - 2/18 mechanical

Great
Open Diapason
Stopped Diapason
Dulciana
Principal
Gedact Flöte
Twelfth
Fifteenth
Mixture
Clarinet

Swell
Lieblich Bourdon
Open Diapason
Stopped Diapason
Gemshorn
Spitzflöte
Mixture
Horn

Pedal
Open Diapason
Stopped Diapason

Couplers
Swell to Pedals
Swell to Great
Swell Octave
Great to Pedals
Pedal Octave

8
8
8
4
4
3
2
III
8


16
8
8
4
2
III
8


16
16









Compass 56/30
Mechanical action
4 combination pedals to Great
2 combination pedals to Swell


© PdL 2006