Wesley Chapel

Castlereagh Street (formerly Conference Hall), Sydney

First organ: see: Lindfield Uniting (Methodist) Church

Second organ: B. 1934 Hill, Norman & Beard (o/n N13).
Reb. 1979 Pitchford & Garside. 2m., 6rks. ext., 8c., el.pn.
Gt: 8.8.8.4.4.2-2/3.2. Sw: 8.8.8.4.4.2.1-1/3.8. Ped: 16.8.8.4.4.
Church demolished to make way for new Wesley Mission 1991.

 



Photo of Wesley Chapel provided by the State Library of NSW from The Methodist and dated August 1934.

 

The chapel was erected on the site of the Conference Hall, behind the Wesley Central Mission in Pitt Street, and was opened on Saturday 5 May 1934.