Free Horizontal CSS Menus by Css3Menu.com
Conditions for placing advertisements on this website: All advertisements are displayed free of charge. Please email them to the Webmaster. The Committee has resolved that advertisers are to be advised that there will be an automatic deletion, without notice, of any advertisement after three months. Deletion can occur earlier, of course, given notification from the advertiser. There is no problem in extending the term of the advertisement if specifically requested by the advertiser at the end of the three months, the onus being upon the advertiser to do so without any reminder from the Organ Music Society of Sydney. (Feb 2008)
Advertisement placed 23 June 2021
Bathurst Cathedral Organist / Director of Music
The Dean and Cathedral Parish Council ware seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced musician to the position of Organist and Director of Music for the Cathedral, to succeed Dr David Hood who concludes three years of exemplary service at the Cathedral at the end of June 2021.
We are an inclusive Anglican Cathedral and parish with a long tradition of fine choral music and an extensive repertoire.
The position includes a weekly choir rehearsal, two Sunday service and an availability for occasion Diocesan and other services.
The three manual cathedral organ consists of 31 ranks and 35 stops and is probably the finest and certainly the most versatile organ in the Central West of New South Wales.
Expressions of interest should be forwarded to the Dean’s PA by Friday 23rd July
A role description can be forwarded on request.
Advertisement placed 4 May 2021
Organ Scholar - Crows Nest Uniting Church
In late 2019, we established an organ scholarship at Crows Nest Uniting Church, Sydney. Covid temporarily put an end to our search for a suitable candidate. However, now that church services – and organ lessons – seem to have returned to normal, we are readvertising the Scholarship.
The scholarship is the Sandow Organ Scholarship. It is open to all organ students who have reached equivalent to 5th grade or higher AMEB qualifications in piano or organ.
Key details are:
- Purpose: to encourage organ students to excel in the study and performance of organ music, particularly (but not exclusively) the use of the organ as an accompaniment to church worship services.
- Prerequisite: equivalent to 5th grade or higher AMEB qualifications in piano or organ. Preference may be given to applicants who particularly need financial help to finance their music studies.
- Value: up to $3000 per year.
- Duration: probationary period of 3 months, then on a yearly basis, up to maximum of 3 years.
- Obligations of Scholar:
- demonstrate continuing progress in organ studies;
- work with the minister and organist at Crows Nest Uniting Church;
- when sufficiently advanced, occasionally play in church services (and, if the student wishes, for occasional weddings and funerals).
- Crows Nest Uniting Church organ is a 2-manual, tracker action, 15-rank organ, about 100 years old. It is regularly tuned and maintained. The Scholar will have access to the organ for practice purposes.
- Closing date for applications: 30 June 2021.
How to apply: Please email details to me by 30 June 2021. There is no set form of application. However, the application should set out, briefly, your details and it may include a statement as to how you see yourself benefiting from the Scholarship. The decision will be made by a committee established under the terms of the Scholarship. The committee may wish to interview a short list of applicants.
Further information? If you need further information, please feel free to contact me at this email address, firstname.lastname@example.org or at the phone number below.
Please also feel free to forward this email to your students, or to other organ teachers.
Organist, Crows Nest Uniting Church
(02) 9436 2400
No further Positions Vacant or Organ Scholarships currently being advertised.
Please check back for new positions as they are sent to us to advertise.