Free Horizontal CSS Menus by Css3Menu.com
Conditions for placing advertisements on this website: All advertisements are displayed free of charge. Please email them to the Webmaster. The Committee has resolved that advertisers are to be advised that there will be an automatic deletion, without notice, of any advertisement after three months. Deletion can occur earlier, of course, given notification from the advertiser. There is no problem in extending the term of the advertisement if specifically requested by the advertiser at the end of the three months, the onus being upon the advertiser to do so without any reminder from the Organ Music Society of Sydney. (Feb 2008)
Advertisement placed 11 November, 2018
Advertisement placed 1 November, 2018
Advertisement placed 10 October, 2018
Advertisement placed 23 May, 2018
Advertisement placed 27th November, 2017
St Alban's Anglican Church, Epping
Choir Director Position Description
Role: Choir Director
Worship at St Alban's is very traditional Anglican with the clergy, servers, assistants, and choir in robes. The choir plays a big part in the sung liturgy. We follow the second order in the 1995 Prayer Book for Australia with the choir singing the Kyrie, Gloria, Sanctus & Benedictus, and Agnus Dei. We sing a setting called the Riddlesdown service. We also chant the psalm, sing a gospel acclamation, the Sursum Corda, an anthem during communion and the four hymns with the congregation. The choir has a complement of volunteer amateur singers all of whom read music.
The Choir attends Choral Eucharist at 10am on the first, third and fifth Sundays, also a Common Prayerbook Evensong on the fourth Sunday of the month.
The choir rehearses on Wednesday evenings at 7.45 pm.
• Direct and conduct choir for Services
• Lead weekly and pre-service rehearsal of choir
• Compile a Music List of hymns, choral motets, anthems and postludes for each month in conjunction with the Organist
• Assist in the preparation of Occasional Service when the choir is requested
• Attend Liturgy Committee meetings
• Mature and deepening Christian faith
• An understanding of SATB choral singing.
• An appreciation of traditional Choral Anglican Worship.
• Participation in wider church life
• Membership of Small Group/Life Group
• Ability to feel comfortable in front of a choir varying in number between 10 and 18 (approx) and organist accompanist.
• Exhibit skills in building positive personal relationships across generations
• A willingness and ability to work within the ethos and culture of St Alban's
• Commitment to Child Safe Ministry and 'Faithfulness in Service' of the Anglican Church
Enquiries to the rector, Rev. Ross Nicholson email@example.com